A lot of assets are available in client and game files. This describes how
they are organized and where to find frequently requested files.
Note: Files are sometimes reorganized by Riot. This page applies to the latest version.
On raw.communitydragon.org, LCU files
are exported at the root and game client hashes are exported in the
Files with unknown path are put in
Most paths from client use the following format:
<plugin> is the client plugin name
<region> is a region name (e.g.
<lang> is a language code (e.g.
The plugin name matches the directory name in which a WAD can be found. For
.../plugins/rcp-fe-lol-missions/assets.wad, the plugin is
With the exception of the
rcp-be-lol-game-data plugin which contains a lot of
common assets, only the
fe (frontend) plugins contain assets; the
(backend) can be ignored.
The region/lang pair allows the client to use different files depending on the
region and/or language. It is notably used for translations and censorship of
some visuals (e.g. Grave's cigar).
When retrieving an asset, the client starts by looking for a match with its
specific region and/or language, then falls back to
Mapping paths from JSON files.
plugins/rcp-be-lol-game-data/global/default/v1/ directory contains a lot of JSON files, for a lot of game objects.
In those, asset paths can be mapped to URLs:
/lol-game-data/assets/<path> is mapped to
Note: layout have changed and not all champions have been updated yet. For
the actual path, always check the champion's JSON file from
champion basic data.
Note: most assets from
rcp-be-lol-game-data can be found in both LCU files and game client files.
- Summoner icons
- Rune icons, stats icons
- Ward skins
- Emotes, also here
- Game modes: icons and lobby, loading screen backgrounds
- Item icons
- Hextech crafting and loot:
- Role icons: PNG, SVG (multiple colors available for both), for each league tier
- Clash banner flags
- Nexus Blitz event icons (texture map), also some here
- Profile and friend-list circles based on summoner level (look for
theme-*-border.png files), also here
- League tier crests (various parts for each tier, look into
images/ subdirectory for each tier)
- League tier icons
- Tier promotion animations
- Mission icons (note: some are still unknown)
- Loading screen tier borders
- In-game announcements: champion borders, multi-kill banners, non-champion portraits
- Match history icons, including gold and CS icons from scoreboard
- Buff/debuf icons
- In-game cursors (also Qiyana's ones)
- Mastery icons
Teamfight Tactics (TFT)
This page is editable on GitHub. Found any mistakes or want to improve this page? Click here to edit this page.