A lot of assets are available in client and game files. This describes how
they are organized and where to find frequently requested files.
Note: Files are sometimes reorganized by Riot. This page applies to the latest version.
On raw.communitydragon.org, LCU files
are exported at the root and game client hashes are exported in the
Files with unknown path are put in
Most paths from client use the following format:
<plugin> is the client plugin name
<region> is a region name (e.g.
<lang> is a language code (e.g.
The plugin name matches the directory name in which a WAD can be found. For
.../plugins/rcp-fe-lol-missions/assets.wad, the plugin is
With the exception of the
rcp-be-lol-game-data plugin which contains a lot of
common assets, only the
fe (frontend) plugins contain assets; the
(backend) can be ignored.
The region/lang pair allows the client to use different files depending on the
region and/or language. It is notably used for translations and censorship of
some visuals (e.g. Grave's cigar).
When retrieving an asset, the client starts by looking for a match with its
specific region and/or language, then falls back to
JSON data files
Various data are available as JSON files.
They cover a large set of game objects (champions, skins, missions, TFT, ...) and are a good start point.
Mapping paths from JSON files
In those JSON files, asset paths can be mapped to URLs:
/lol-game-data/assets/<path> is mapped to
Note: layout have changed and not all champions have been updated yet. For
the actual path, always check the champion's JSON file from
champion basic data.
Note: most assets from
rcp-be-lol-game-data can be found in both LCU files and game client files.
- Summoner icons
- Rune icons, stats icons
- Ward skins
- Emotes, also here
- Game modes: icons and lobby, loading screen backgrounds
- Item icons
- Hextech crafting and loot:
- Role icons: PNG, SVG (multiple colors available for both)
- Clash banner flags
- Nexus Blitz event icons (texture map), also some here
- Profile and friend-list circles based on summoner level (look for
theme-*-border.png files), old ones here
- League ranked crests (various parts for each tier, look into
images/ subdirectory for each tier)
- League ranked icons
- League ranked mini icons
- Tier promotion animations
- Mission icons (note: some are still unknown)
- Loading screen tier borders
- In-game announcements: champion borders, multi-kill banners, non-champion portraits, dragon portraits
- Match history icons, including gold and CS icons from scoreboard
- Buff/debuf icons
- In-game cursors (also Qiyana's ones)
- Mastery icons
- Challenge assets like crystal and category icons
Teamfight Tactics (TFT)
Some event assets are not available on raw.communitydragon.org, notably lore-related images and videos.
They can be found sorted by year and event on universe.communitydragon.org.
Where can I find this asset or data?
- All images used in game should be available somewhere under the
- Images from atlases (example) are not provided as individual images. Exact coordinates can be found in bin files.
- Detailed champion data are available in bin files, usually from here (example) but there is no unified format and nor an easy way to interpret it.
- Voice lines – Audio heard in-game, including champion voice lines, is not available.
- News and events
- News and event tabs are loaded as web pages from an external servers and their assets are usually not available on raw.
- Some assets of global game events can be found on universe.communitydragon.org.
- Some events are region-specific
- Store – Since the store uses a separate server, the following assets and data are not available
- Prices (RP, IP, other currencies)
- Information on current or forecoming sales
- Images of some special purchase items (e.g. bundles)
- Chroma names
- The Wiki has a lot of ressources, including some high-res versions.
This page is editable on GitHub. Found any mistakes or want to improve this page? Click here to edit this page.